River Cottage is perfect for a romantic weekend or to explore nature in complete privacy. Meander along the river bed through sandstone gorges, listen to the birds sing or just relax on the sunny wide verandah overlooking the shallow clear water of the river (great for children and dogs).
River Cottage is situated in a sheltered, private position on the banks of the river 500 metres from the main house and 1 km from Saddlers Cottage. Built of stone and local timber this one room cottage has a large living/kitchen area with warm open fireplace and double bed at one end and a full kitchen at the other, plus a wide sunny verandah at the front and a rustic, charming bathroom at the back with a large claw foot bath, shower and toilet.
This cottage sleeps a couple comfortably with a double bed, small couch (suitable for child) and a fold down day-bed on the verandah (maximum 4 people). There is also the option of camping around the cottage.
The cottage is powered by a 240 volt solar voltaic power system with gas stove & oven, fridge-freezer and gas hot water. There is also an outside wood BBQ area and gas BBQ
An open fireplace heats the cottage during the colder months.
The River Cottage contains:
- 1 double and 1 single doona, 2 double blankets and 5 pillows.
- A sample of farm produce (e.g. eggs and herbs depending on season)
- All utensils (pots, pans, cups, glasses, plates, cutlery)
- Full size gas stove with oven,
- Toaster, microwave oven & espresso coffee maker and plunger
- Gas BBQ on veranda
- Firewood (charge applies during the winter months)
Linen can be supplied for an extra charge $40/double